- moved the site’s main web server to the new machine, for better load-balancing
- chat client/server changes to make it easier to manage different icon sets of certain rooms
- added some new chat admin functions, also changed invocation codes
- added a new room
- added some basic chat flood prevention
- a couple of general client/server changes to accomodate future games
- made some progress with the slingo-type game [in development]
- ordered and set-up a new server (still being monitored for stability), in anticipation of more traffic, plus this serves as a main back-up machine in case something goes wrong with the other servers
- re-organized game server assignments, spread it out better in the available machines (should help in minimizing game lags)
- minor game/chat server-side changes (security/filter related)
- more functional stats monitoring page (for admin use only)
- added a new 8000+ room
- made some additional stats monitoring codes
- added banner to the game window
- chat is now taller, so it now accomodates a few more lines of text
- added pop-up smiley descriptions, and show more smileys per set (should also minimize scrolling)… some previously hidden smileys are now accessible directly
- minor game changes, less strict security checks, also fixed minor display issue for 800×600 users
Top Players note: starting December, this list was only counting “full” games. I have a script that does the final rankings each month, to make sure only games for the previous month are counted, even if I am late in updating the page (which was the case now, since I was away for the holidays).
Unfortunately, my last update (about 6-7 hours ago as I write this) counted ALL games for last month, not just the full games. A player has notified me, and again I apologize for my mistake. Thank you as well for bringing this matter to my attention. The list has been corrected now, and while the final ranking is still pretty much the same, it’s still an error on my part that I should avoid in the future.
Also, a note to those who are now having problems with the slightly bigger game window: please try to clear your browser’s cache, close all opened browser windows, then visit the site again and play. This should fixed most of the problems some of you are having. Restarting your computer may also help.
Anyway, on another note, I wish to greet everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!