What’s New

April 9th, 2006: Filed under  by Alexander Catapang @ 3:45 pm

I have added some codes to detect and log some remaining issues in Spin-A-Bingo, and after A LOT of studying I was finally able to fix another long-standing issue in the game, related to scoring which occurs under 2 situations:
1. If the player ran out of time, the final spin’s submitted score may SOMETIMES be a little less than the actual score. This occurs because there is not enough time to complete some events preventing the game from adding up some points before the game finally closes.
2. A full-card is SOMETIMES recognized in the card but the 1,000+ additional points are not added properly. This mostly occurs during the last spin AND the player’s computer is slower than usual to finish some ongoing events (eg some animations), even if there is still enough game time.

Both have now been fixed. I have also placed a secondary scoring to guarantee 100% accuracy. This makes sure that all scores are accounted for properly in ALL spins, even if the player runs out of time, or if certain things are taking a longer time to finish.

However, this won’t fix some potential VERY RARE issues when the Internet connection of the player is really very slow and/or unstable. The server can only wait for incoming last score data for a few seconds, so once it already determined and announced all the winners, it has to ignore the very late submissions already, otherwise the entire game of all players will be affected.

So a suggestion to those who always run out of time to complete all the spins and you want to make sure your final scores are counted accurately: please play in the other rooms where the game times are longer. There are enough rooms with varying game timers, you should be able to find a room that best complements the speed and stability of your Internet connection, as well as your own game skill.

In any case, the changes have been in effect for more than 24 hours now, and judging by the number of player complaints I got today (ZERO complaint on this issue, unlike the previous days), I think it’s safe to say that this problem is now completely fixed (except in the rare instance noted above, which is something I don’t have control of).